Summer 2019 Action Theme
When it comes down to it, our bodies are all we have. Let’s do more for them.
We know more now than ever before about how our bodies work, and how to take care of them. With this potential, we can thrive in this world, and we can all help each other along the path. Yet, so much of caring for our bodies has become controversial—whether it’s access to healthy food, lack of exercise, a denial of equality, or missing the resources others enjoy.
Having a healthy body & mind should be a right, foundational to the better future so many of us are working toward. Let’s do something impactful.
What’s the best thing you can do to care for the health of others?
Your project could be about nutrition and education, or focus on a health concern we know little about. It could address the inequity of access to healthcare for poor folks or women. You might want to tell us about something that’s been successful in your community with a video or study. You might have a project in mind that you know will make a big impact, but haven’t had the resources to start yet. We want to hear about it all. The ways to participate in a healthier future are many, and we anticipate many good ideas. Individuals and nonprofits alike are welcome to apply.
- Sister Song unites women of color around the country to improve institutional policies and systems that impact the reproductive lives of marginalized communities.
- Common Threads combats diet-related disease through food education.
- Crisis Text Line connects folks in mental health crisis to support and resources.
- Trans Wellness Center in LA provides comprehensive medical and mental health services and resources to the Trans community.
- The Yellow Hammer Fund helps women in Alabama access their right to choose.
Grant Amount: $0-10,000
You tell us what you need within this range. Some may only need help and collaborators, or a platform to share. Others may have a big project that requires a lot of money in mind. Both are equally welcome to apply.
Timeline & Application
The first phase application opens July 1 and closes July 21 at 11:59 pm PT.
Your project must be complete by December 1, 2019.
The application process first requires you to submit a summary, then if we are interested you will be asked to create a budget and provide references, as well as a summary of your project and your qualifications. Don’t worry, it’s not as hard as it sounds, and we’re here to support you.
For those who are invited to apply with more details, the second phase application will be open until July 28 at 11:59 pm PT.